Field Service Engineer – Washington DC
Interact with the customers’ professional and technical staff to resolve all operational issues with Mevion products at customer sites.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The Field Service Engineer will perform all the duties of an onsite system engineer including but not limited to:
- Maintain maximum uptime for Mevion equipment in the field.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance and system upgrades.
- Maintain required records of operation, service, and customer problem reporting including but not limited to ECO’s, upgrades, or alterations.
- Prepare weekly reports and metrics on service performance and complaint handling satisfaction
- Partner with Mevion factory support staff and clinical site personnel to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to Mevion for system performance and improvements as required, or recommended
- Provide user training.
- Manage on-site parts and tool inventory.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, site specific meetings and other meetings as required.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Minimum educational, training, and experience qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Engineering, Physics, or other related field, or
- 4-6+ years of technical experience in the Military or equivalent (i.e. electronics technicians, mechanics, etc.)
- Experience with radiation therapy equipment is a plus.
- Electronic/Electrical and Mechanical ability.
- Experience working with computer interfaces, instrumentation, and control systems.
- Must have the ability to work in an environment with occasional exposure to high magnetic fields and routine exposure to magnetic fields above 5 gauss. Individuals with pacemakers, automatic defibrillators, or similar implants are physically disqualified from this position. Individuals with other implanted metallic materials must be considered on a case by case basis, per medical advice from the candidate’s physician and company policy.
- The employee will work at times in environments where devices producing high levels of radiation are operating. Devices use high magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site safety procedures is mandatory
- Occasional night and weekend work is required.
- Travel may be in excess of 50% at times.
- Must have the ability and willingness to occasionally work at heights of up to 20 feet, lift weight of up to 40 pounds, climb stairs, and ladders to access equipment.
Must have the ability to learn the following within the first six months:
- Learn the operating principles and service techniques for the subsystems of MEVION equipment
- Become proficient in all software, control system elements and user interfaces to the MEVION systems
- Understand the electrical, vacuum, and water cooling systems of MEVION equipment and Hospital infrastructure for the Mevion equipment
Please send resume's to: firstname.lastname@example.org